Silver Diamine Fluoride is a liquid solution that contains Silver, Fluoride and Ammonia. It has been used for many years as a desensitising agent. When applied to exposed Dentin, SDF can penetrate the tooth structure to create a protective layer over exposed dentin tubules and block the transmission of pain stimuli.
It is intended as a minimally invasive treatment in Paediatrics (for primary dentition), the elderly and those who cannot access or tolerate care.
- Solution tinted blue for easy Identification and ease of placement
- Ideal for difficult lesions. Can help arrest the progression of Caries
- Provides non-invasive treatment
- Simple, one-step treatment
- Assists for patients with behavioural or medical management challenges
- Great for use in Geriatric and physically compromised patients