Although modern implants are precisely engineered, a tiny gap of 50μm – 100μm is usually present between the implant and the abutment. The bacteria which cause peri-implantitis are smaller than 4μm in diameter and can easily penetrate unsealed gaps, placing the implant at risk of peri-implantitis.
Harger Werken GapSeal features:
- Sealing gel placed into the implant space before screwing in.
- Effectively seals gaps and hollow spaces around implants.
- Remains in-situ for the life of the implant to prevent bacterial colonisation.
- Quick and easy application system using pre-filled sterile tips.
- Eliminates a key reason for implant failure and is supported by over 10 years of clinical experience in Europe.